Getting started in CrossFit is hard. New exercises, new words, new people. Then throw in loud music and a coach telling you what to do and you probably feel like your head is spinning. Am I right?
Well, your coaches try to make it as easy as possible to get started but sometimes it just takes some time to get used to all the new stuff. Below you’ll find a list of common CrossFit Gym etiquette tips so you can feel a little more comfortable on how to navigate the gym and the unspoken expectations of your coaches.
Take a look below and try to absorb the 31 most common gym etiquette tips!
- Arrive early for class. Please don’t be late.
- Don’t drop a barbell while unloading it
- Wipe down equipment after using
- Put your equipment away
- Pay attention when coach is talking
- Don’t have a conversation mid-workout
- Introduce yourself to newcomers
- In raining/snowing conditions – bring your CrossFit shoes to the gym
- Chalk belongs in the bucket or on your hands – not the floor
- Don’t walk in front of someone while they’re lifting
- Be considerate of others’ space
- Try to avoid “ghost-riding” the bar
- Don’t let the handle fly off the rower
- If you put chalk on equipment for a workout, take it off afterwards
- Take the chalk off your barbell
- Platforms aren’t for WOD’s. Lifting only
- Don’t spit on the floor
- Please recycle
- Encourage other athletes
- Be accountable. Don’t cheat on reps, finish the workout you started.
- Be coachable. Learn how to respond to verbal and visual cues to enhance your experience and performance
- Encourage each other (yes, it’s in here twice)
- Walk into the gym with a positive attitude.
- Be grateful
- Pick up after your kids, or help them pick up their things
- Do your part to keep the bathroom clean
- Give high-fives to each other after class
- Kids are kids, but please make sure they behave
- Don’t be late for class (yes, it’s in here twice)
- Remove the J-hooks while doing wall balls
- Minimize distractions – cell phone, etc
The post CrossFit Etiquette appeared first on KCI CrossFit.