Happy New Year, KCI! We have a lot going on this month and here is the short list! Feel free to email email@example.com with any questions or for more information.
- NUTRITION DETOX and CHALLENGE
- Sunday, January 3rd at 5pm-Sunday, January 10th at 5pm (Detox)
- Sunday, January 10th-Sunday January 24th (Challenge/Maintenance)
2. BARBELL CLUB at KCI
- KCI will begin hosting Barbell Club every Saturday morning at 8am. Class will begin with a 10-12 minute group warm up followed by 25-30 minutes of technique and strength work. Class will also include a strength-focused conditioning workout. Classes will be coached by a USAW certified lifting coach. The cost to KCI members will be an additional $10/month. Non-members will be $50/month. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with Nick directly to get signed up for this additional program.
3. SKILLS SATURDAY
- Saturday, January 9th
- This Saturday will include two full hours of open gym time dedicated towards coach-led skill work. The gym will be open from 8:30-10:30am with several coaches on staff to assist with various skill work including (but not limited to) rope climbs, handstand push ups, kipping or pistols.
- There will be a 10-12 minute self-directed warm up and mobility as well as a self-directed conditioning option. The athlete may choose to spend 20+ minutes working with a coach on their chosen skill(s).
- This will be offered instead of our regular 9:15am class and still free to KCI members and any friends, family or drop-ins!
4. YOGA at KCI
- Tuesday, January 12th at 5:30pm with Karen!
- Free for members, $5 for non-members.
- We will still hold regular class at 5:15 at 6:15pm that evening although we recommend taking yoga if it works schedule-wise. Karen will coach athletes through beneficial stretches/poses for one hour-bring water and a yoga mat. Mats will be provided if necessary.
5. SWIM CLINIC at Park Hill Aquatic Center
- Sunday, January 17th at 4pm
- Led by Steven Cooper, KCI CrossFit coach and former collegiate swimmer.
- Class will begin with an 8-10 minute group warm up followed by 15-20 minutes of freestyle technique work. Class will also include a short individual workout as well as a partner wod. Participants are required to bring goggles as all work will be performed in the water.
- This clinic is $5 for KCI members and $10 for non-members.
- BEGINNER level swimmers are encouraged to email email@example.com before attending this clinic-it will help with additional staffing.
6. “BRING A FRIEND WEEK” at KCI!
- Monday, January 4th-Saturday, January 9th
- We expect to see many new faces at KCI this week; some beginning or continuing Flight School, and some just checking us out! Please take the time to introduce yourself to any new people-it’s a small gesture that makes a big difference!